Thursday, January 22, 2009

Staying up late to take medication!

Ok- this is my first ever blog. I found someone else's blog that matched my experience and became hooked!
I tried IVF and it failed because my reproductive age was too old! I was only 36 at the time and I thought that meant I had at least 4 years left. Fate somehow thought otherwise as I was told I had the eggs of someone that was nearly menopausal. Yikes!
So ... we went with donor eggs. My sister (8 years younger) was very generous- but was so pleased that she missed our request to not tell anyone else in our family ... and so ...

At any rate, it was successful. We had twin boys- but we only got to bring one of them home (Nolan) because Lucas had Potters Syndrome. It's a rare condition where the kidneys don't form properly so the baby doesn't make amniotic fluid. It means the lungs don't fully develop before birth.

Nolan is now 2 years old! We did have several frozen eggs (7) but the first 2 tries didn't work. One was ectopic. Now we are down to 3 embryos left. I go for my ultrasound tomorrow. The transfer is Monday. I am so excited- so nervous- so hopeful- yet I don't want to get my hopes up. AAAAGGG.
I've been going for accupuncture. I hope it works. I really want another baby. Now finally it's late enough so I can take my last round of nasal spray tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment